Have you ever thought of how polished your skills would be today if you keep track of your activities and achievements from a very early stage of your life, say when you were 4-5 years old? Have you ever imagined a professional community comprising of your age group and likely interests from all over the world on a single platform? Have you ever thought of an insightful initiative but did not know who would invest in your idea? Well, to answer all such questions of parents, mentors, pre-teens, and teenagers, teenivo.com has come up with its app and website.
Teenivo: An immersive world for Students is the right place for any student, young entrepreneur, or anyone who wants to explore new ideas and become a part of a network consisting of entrepreneurs, mentors and investors. And did I mention that anyone above the age of 4 can register here? Yes! It is one of the unique features of Teenivo. From such a young age, a child can keep track of his activities, skills, and interests! We have a popular platform called Linkedin to build professional connections. Teenivo can be called Linkedin for students, student entrepreneurs with their startups, mentors, and investors. Here is an image showing some exciting features of the app :
The picture itself is self-explanatory, but out of all these, some features which are worth mentioning again are:
- Contact Teengels: Teengels mean Angel Investors for Teenagers, i.e., Teenagers+Angels. If you are a young entrepreneur, you can find investors for your startups and ideas. Suppose you are an entrepreneur, parent, philanthropist or anyone who would like investing in projects of young and budding entrepreneurial minds and fund their startups. In that case, Teenivo can prove to be an up-and-coming platform to support such young entrepreneurs. You will have to signup as Teengel at the time of registration.
- Activity points: Here comes the concept of getting rewards! You can earn points by accomplishing tasks such as inviting friends, making friends and also, messaging them. These points will reflect in your profile and will show all your activity.
- Post Teenku:Teenku, on Teenivo, is the term given to status updates and posts made by users. You can only post text updates. No pictures, no attachments.
- Home Feed: You get featured stories from teenagerstartups displayed on the home feed along with Teenku's from your network. These featured stories also have an audio render which you can play directly in your web or app.
- Mentors and Investors right block(web): There is also a Mentor type profile option. Here, the parents can register and also the people who want to help and guide the students, teenagers with their startups, and young entrepreneurs in their ventures. On App there is menu to search for mentors and investors.
- Entrepreneur v/s Student Profile: There is also an Entrepreneur profile type option, which is different than Student type. This is specfically for Students who are entrepreneurs and have their own startups. Not all Students are entrepreneurs. Whereas the Student profile is more for learning and academics enrichment. Student profile will give them access to entrepreneurial courses and other AI-based contextual academics in a future release. Teenivo is planning to have closer integration with Schools and Class curriculum to bring a world of learning within the app to students.
The app has been released on Google Playstore to download for android devices. Web-version is also available and can be accessed directly from teenivo.com, and iOS versions will be released soon.
Let's take a quick look at joining as a member and exploring the app's interface.
- Download the android app or visit the website teenivo.com.
- Click on the Join Teenivo button if you are using the app and Signup button if you visit the website for the first time.
- After that, enter your name, email address, and choose a strong password. You will receive a verification email on the email address provided by you. Complete the verification process, after which you will be able to set up your profile.
- Then, select your Gender, Date of Birth, and Profile type (Student, Investor, Entrepreneur, or Mentor). You need to have a Student profile on Teenivo if you want to register for an Entrepreneur profile.
- Next, update the Profile Section by adding a Headline text, University/School, and something about yourself. A sample profile is shown in the picture below.
- After adding details to the profile section, you will be asked to add a profile picture, and you can add a header image if you want to.
- And with that, you will be done with setting up your profile, and you will enter the home page.
- On the home page, at the bottom, you will find a ribbon with four icons, which are 'home', 'network', 'points', and 'notifications.' The home page will show the updates from the members of your network, you can search and add your friends to your network, and you can check your gained points and new notifications.
- Just above the ribbon, you will find the button 'Add Post' to add a Teenku.
- If you want to find teengels, you will find them directly on the home page if you are using the website, and if you are using the app, click on your profile picture at the top corner. You will find options such as Invite Friend, Mentor Profiles, and Teenangel Profiles. These options are also available in the Web version.
So, we just saw an overview of Teenivo, and there is a lot more to it. It has a user-friendly interface, free of cost to use the application, and the app is well structured, but all this is just the icing on the cake. The most important feature of this app is its growing community, which consists of budding entrepreneurs, teenagers with working startups and exceptional ideas, experienced mentors, and dedicated teengels.
Don't forget to check the Teenivo website and the other social media handles, which are linked below.
Website Facebook Instagram Twitter Linkedin Pinterest
last edited at Sept. 24, 2020, 4:12 p.m. UTC